As part of our socio-economic development initiatives, Matla A Bokone will be awarding scholarships to successful applicants who pass their 2020 Matric examinations and who qualify to study an undergraduate degree or National Diploma at a recognized University or TVET College. Applicants who passed Matric in previous years and are planning to study at a recognized tertiary institution will also be considered. Applicants must live within the Sol Plaatje Municipality communities.
- The applicants must be South African citizens with a valid South African ID book or card;
- The applicants must have outstanding academic achievements;
- The applicants are financially constrained to study at a tertiary institution;
- Preference will be given to applicants whose intended field of study includes the following: Education-Teaching, Engineering, Sciences, Environmental Studies and Nursing;
- The applicants must be registered for full-time studies towards an academic degree/diploma at an accredited institution.
Application form supporting documentation
- Certified ID copy of the learner
- Proof of residence
- Academic Results for: Grade 11 final results (December 2019) and Grade 12 first term results (March 2020)
- Matric Certificate for those who completed Matric in previous years
- A letter of motivation for why you should be considered
- Acceptance/Conditional Acceptance from a registered tertiary institution or TVET College
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of applicant
- Reference Letter for applicant
- Certified ID copies of Parents/Guardian
- Certified copy of parents’/guardians’ most recent Payslip or Affidavit if unemployed
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs with all supporting documentation via the Matla A Bokone website.
Due to COVID-19, completed application forms will be accepted via electronic platforms only.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS ON 30 OCTOBER 2020.
- Please provide concise answers.
- Please answer all the sections and mandatory fields on the form. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.